Pickled Wild Cucumbers Recipe
This is my quick pickles recipe, It can be kept for months or eaten after 1 week. The pickled cucumbers are extremely delicious and easy to do.
- 500g cucumbers, cornichon preferably (or a variety of vegetables; turnips, carrots, onions…)
- about 500ml drinking water ( you may not use all of this)
- 100ml grape vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of rock salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 hot pepper, sliced lengthwise in half (will yield very spicy results, for less spicy do not slice)
- 1-liter jar
Mix water with the salt and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring until the salt is dissolved. You can test for the correct salt amounts by placing an egg into the solution. If the egg floats, you’ve got the right amount of salt. However, the general rule we follow in my household is 1 teaspoon of salt for every half liter. Chill the solution.
- Place the cucumbers into the jar, vertically, as close to each other as possible.
- Once a full circle is reached, Cover the jar with the solution
Post your food pictures on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag @Healthy.Selfie to be featured on our page.
Looking for Los Angeles Top Nutritionist? call (844) 314-1432 or by email Christine@HealthySelfie.com. This is a chance for us to get to know each other. We will evaluate your needs and goals, while I will guide you on the right track. I can work one-on-one in person, by phone or video chat for out-of-area clients.BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!